MAP Testing Information
The MAP test is a suite of computer-adaptive placement tests that quickly, accurately, and efficiently assess reading and math skills.
- All students are required to take the MAP test as part of the CECFC enrollment processfor the Middle School.
- The MAP test is used as a placement test—not an entrance exam--and does not directly affect a student's eligibility for acceptance.
- The MAP modules include math and reading.
- MAP is taken completely online and must be proctored by a qualified CECFC staff member on the CECFC middle school campus, or scores can be shared from a student’s previous school.
- Scores are available immediately upon completion of the test.
- Students should allow 1-2 hours to complete the MAP test. Some students complete the test more quickly. A few take longer.
- The MAP test is administered by appointment only. New students will sign up for a Launch Session (during which testing takes place) via a link given once the admissions process is complete.
MAP testing, acceptance and course selection
All students must take the MAP test prior to having classes scheduled. Testing will begin in May and appointments are required.
When the enrollment process is complete, the student’s file will be submitted to the Director of Admissions for final approval. An official letter of completion of the enrollment process will be sent to students.