ACCUPLACER is a suite of computer-adaptive placement tests that quickly, accurately, and efficiently assess reading, writing, and math skills.
- All students are required to take the Basic ACCUPLACER test as part of the CECFC enrollment process unless the student has: taken the ACT and has earned scores that satisfy the pre-requisites into college courses. Upon enrollment, if a student has successfully completed college level English and math the student is waived from taking the ACCUPLACER.
- The Basic Accuplacer is used as a placement test—not an entrance exam--and does not directly affect a student's eligibility for acceptance.
- Basic Accuplacer modules include untimed Arithmetic, Algebra, reading comprehension and sentence structure tests and an essay.
- Accuplacer is taken completely online and must be proctored by a qualified CECFC staff member on the CECFC high school campus.
- Scores are available immediately upon completion of the test.
- Students should allow 2-2.5 hours to complete Accuplacer. Some students complete the test more quickly. A few take longer.
- Students may re-test one time to improve their scores. Ideally the student will study or receive additional instruction prior to the re-test.
- Optional diagnostic tests are available for any student who retests.
- Accuplacer is administered by appointment only. New students will sign up for a testing appointment via a link given once the admissions process is complete.
Accuplacer, Acceptance and Advising
All students must take the Accuplacer test prior to having classes scheduled. Testing will begin in May and appointments are required. CECFC will begin scheduling Accuplacer appointments in May.
When the enrollment process is complete, the student’s file will be submitted to the Registrar for final approval. An official letter of completion of the enrollment process will be sent to students.
To download a free study app go to www.ACCUPLACER.org.