Early Colleges

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
Students & Parents » Parents Right to Know

Parents Right to Know

504 Child Find Notice:

Pursuant to Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the District has a duty to identify, refer, evaluate and if eligible, provide a free, appropriate public education to disabled students. For additional information about the rights of parents of eligible children, or for answers to any questions you might have about identification, evaluation and placement into Section 504 programs, please contact the District's Section 504 Coordinator Merrily Bowers (Middle School) by phone at 970-893-4549 ext. 204 or by email at or Cyndi Powers (High School) by phone at 970-377-0044 ext. 106 or by email at
Aviso Sobre La Identificacion de Estudiantes Incapacitados bajo la Seccion 504:
Bajo la Seccion 504 del Decreto de Rehabilitacion de 1973, el Distrito Escolar esta obligado a identificar, referir, evaluar, y proporcionar servicios educativos apropriados y gratuitos a estudiantes incapacitados que califican para recibir servicios bajo esta ley. Si usted desea mas informacion sobre los derechos de padres de ninos incapacitados, o si tiene preguntas sobre la identificacion, evaluacion, y colocacion de ninos en el programa de Seccion 504, favor de ponerse in contacto con el Coordinador de 504 del Distrito: Merrily Bowers (Middle School) by phone at 970-893-4549 ext. 204 or by email at or Cyndi Powers (High School) by phone at 970-377-0044 ext. 106 or by email at

Qualifications Regarding Colorado Early Colleges Fort Collins Instructional Staff

As a parent of a student at Colorado Early Colleges Fort Collins, you have the right to know the professional qualifications of the classroom teacher who instructs your student. This is a requirement for all districts that receive Title I funds. Federal law allows you to request certain information about your student’s classroom teacher. The law also requires the district to give you this information in a timely manner upon request. Listed below is the information about which you have the right to ask for regarding each of your student’s classroom teachers.
  • Whether the Colorado Department of Education has licensed or endorsed your student’s teacher for the grades and subjects taught.
  • Whether CDE has decided that your student’s teacher can teach in a classroom without being licensed or qualified under state regulations because of special circumstances.
  • The teacher’s college major; whether the teacher has any advanced degrees, and, if so, the subject of the degrees.
  • Whether any teachers’ aides or similar paraeducators provide services to your child and, if they do, their qualifications.